Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mr. Perfect

doesn't exist. That's what my mom says. She told me, "Well, leave that one alone and go to the next one who may be worse than the one before." As true as that may be, I have to wonder about that.....

I remember having a conversation with my friend not long ago. Jen. You remember Jen. Anyway, I remember telling her that no man is perfect, as none of us women are either. In telling her the truth about the perfect man that doesn't exist, I remember giving her some examples. Her boyfriend was being rude and abusive. Disrespectful and just plain mean. I told her that although we know there is no such thing as perfection, I'd rather deal with imperfections like occasional bad breath, a small limp, a guy with one testicle, snoring, forgetting to take out the garbage, A crooked tooth, stuttering when angry, or gray pubic hairs before I accept a guy being verbally, physically, or mentally abusive towards me. That's just that.....but again, I swear some of these dudes are just extreme.....there is no minor imperfection...It's always got to be some BIG stuff! Why? And just when you think that your guy is your real life perfection, you find him in bed with his homeboy! Lol.....for real though...I didn't even touch on that problem.....geez louise......

4 comments:

Jia said...

You know what? I can not deal with you this Saturday afternoon!

"A" crooked tooth! You put EMPHASIS on that shit LMAO! I hate you!

No but you're absolutely correct! LMAOO I would much rather deal with a man who has an imperfection that's more of an annoyance than anything else than to deal with somebody going Mike Tyson upside my damn head!

Misunderstood said...

Lol!! I'm saying girl! Ugh.

Saved Girl said...

I don't know, some imperfections or quirky things about dudes irk me to the point that I don't want to holla. I remember this sweetheart that I was kicking it with back in the day. He had it going on until I went over to his apartment one day and saw a box of baby wipes on top of his toilet. I say, "Yo, you got a kid?!" He says, "No, I use that to wipe myself after I take a $hit." WHAT? HUH! His rationale was you don't clean yourself all the way with tissue alone, etc. I was like Oh, OK (thinking all the while you are a weirdofreak). We are great platonic friends today, but he will not be an option to take to the next level, he is weird. I know I am shallow or weird for thinking that, but it is what it is.

Misunderstood said...

Baby wipes? Yea, I think that would turn me off too.