Friday, January 9, 2009

Baby Mama Complacency?

Wedding ring Pictures, Images and Photos After perusing photobucket for cute pics of weddings or rings, I just couldn't resist stopping at this cute little animated engagement ring. I've been reading a lot of blogs that mention "putting a ring on it"....however, this "Put a Ring On It" blog has less to do with a man's complacency in just dating, and more with a woman having no problem not being married before having children. Now this may seem like I'm going in a different direction about marriage and such than before, but I'm just thinking....pardon me while I do so.

First things first, I was looking at a gossip site earlier this morning that was reporting Lebron James' possibility of proposing to his children's mother. Now because I'm not a real basketball fan, I was curious about Lebron's said bust it baby. I mainly wanted to know if this was a chick he's been with for a while. Not like it's making or breaking anything in my life, I'm just nosey like that. So anyway, I find out that the young lady is his high school sweetheart. I then stumble upon this message board thread and it made me think...is this young lady selling herself short in not waiting until they are married to have his children?

Then, shortly after, I tuned into youtube and watched one of Atlantasistah's vids about T.I. and his recent baby mama drama. Now I like T.I., but I'm not a big enough fan to know all about his children and such. All I know is that he's with Tiny....I guess. Anywhoo, AtlSis suggested that women have a "ring on it" before popping out these babies. Not that being married guarantees anything, but it's probably less of a fiasco if anything legal ever comes up. And that I agree with.

Just recently I had a very short conversation with a young lady. She's about 28 or 29yrs old and the mother of 5, six including her "fiance's" child. I'm not sure how long they've been together, but I know it's been long enough for her to have a few of his children.

I always wonder what takes men so long to realize they are with the woman they want to spend the rest of their lives with, especially when they have been in the relationship for a lengthy period of time. And then what really sucks is when a man knocks you up, time and time again, then leaves you (and ALL the children) to be with a woman with a little less baggage...how crazy is that?! Very. And what's even crazier is that (from what I hear) it happens all the time.

So goes the old adage "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"

Seriously though, does this have anything to do with "free milk"? Or is it moreso women settling for less than they deserve? I don't know....

Obviously being the "baby mama" is okay for many...Fantasia did say something about making it a holiday....

4 comments:

Jia said...

I want to have a child.

If I was more prepared in life right now (financially and mentally), I would definitely consider poppin' out a baby.

But not with a regular man that I sleep with. I'm talking either adoption or sperm donation.

I'm sorry but men these days really trip me out. I wish I would lay up and just have kids by a dude, over and over again, on the strength of good dick and us being 'in love.' Where's my ring? Yea, these girls are absolutely stupid but like you, I'm wondering what the hell does it take for a man to realize "Hey, I'm with this woman..we've been together for x amount of years, she has two of my kids..I'm ready to marry her."

SMH

D C Cain said...

I think, for these men (the kind who don't keep it wrapped up as to not become a repeated unwed father in the first place) are somewhat irresponsible and date low grade women.

And generally any woman who would stay with a man and keep having babies for him without a ring IF SHE WANTS ONE doesn't love herself enough, and in turn the man can't love her ENOUGH either; she's just not "that bitch". If the men marry the loser girls it's only becuase they've been together for so many years and she knows and accepts ALL of his peculiarities, which would probably be too much for a non low class broad anyway.

So, in summary: alike fucks with alike.

Oh yeah, I have a son, and I was an unwed mother. BUT I didn't let him put a ring on it after those pregancy hormones kicked in and I realized that I was with a FOOL. He tried, unsuccessfully, to put a few rings on it. lol I'd never have another kid out of wedlock though. Them shits is too expensive and require a mother AND a father in the home. Don't let anyone tell you differently!

I'm 36. Newlywed. I might go on and pull an "old celebrity woman" and have a baby.

Right.

Saved Girl said...

you are right, putting a ring on it doesn't guarantee anything these dayz, Lord knows I know that! I was originally going to leave an uplifting message, but just lost my train of thought and realized I'm a little bitter.

Chookz said...

I agree with Saved Girl all the symbolic stuff don't mean nothing nowadays