Thursday, January 8, 2009

Baby Daddy Drama

After reading one of Jia's blogs earlier today, I got the urge to speak my $0.02 on the subject of babies and their daddies.

It's funny because this subject has been a hot topic lately, different aspects of it anyway.

So I asked my mom about 3 days ago, "Who's to blame when a child isn't taken care of? The mom for sleeping with a loser or the dad for not taking care of his responsibility?"

Almost with no hesitation, my mom said it was the woman's fault....WOW! I almost asked her if I should blame her for my dad's "here today, gone tomorrow" tactics the last 20 years...or is it different because I wasn't born out of wedlock. I was simply born into a marriage where the couple had their share of issues until they divorced.

So this is my thing, we all know that we should be more selective in who we give the draws too, and especially who we get pregnant by, but....BUT, is it not two willing participants in the sex act? Two to tango right? Well, what's the problem? I honestly don't understand why men have the option to take care of their child.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. When children come into the picture, all that other bull has to be put aside. I was lazy before I became a mother. I also hated to get up early in the morning on my days off. Well, guess what!?! I can't lay around all day on Saturday like I could premotherhood. It's not an option. And I could not see my child's father/a.k.a my husband having an option either. If he and I weren't married, I don't see him being apart of her life as being optional. It's just not. So yea, maybe I should be thankful that I haven't had to be the crazy "baby mama". Because let me just tell you, I would. No questions asked. I would not give the dude the opportunity to not be around. And no, you don't want to force anyone to do something they don't want to do, but whatever. Remember how your mom would tell you when you were younger, "You don't have a choice"? Well, dude wouldn't have a choice.

I'm so sick and tired of these dudes squirting sperm every which way but loose, then conveniently forgetting about it. That's so not how it's supposed to be....such as life....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I totally feel you. I am one of those who was unfortunate in the "baby daddy" department, but lucky enough to have a man who claims my son outright as though he is his. I certainly don't feel it's my fault that the man who impregnated me is a fucking loser. But, that's just my opinion and before I get all mad and leave you a three page comment, I'll take my leave! :^)

Jia said...

Loved it!

My take on it is different. You see, I wouldn't try and force someone to be a part of my child's life. The way I see it is...HE would be missing out.

I hope that in my 'free spirited' escapades that I don't mess around and have a baby. At least not NOW! But if I do, I have it in my head to prepare for the worst. Dudes love you long time when yall are just dating or just fucking...but let that digital test come up pregnant and suddenly, those feelings fade.

Trust me...I've been there.

So I've made a vow to be more careful in life. Period. Right now, I'm not ready to have a child but when I am, I have come to grips with the fact that hell, I might need an anonymous sperm donor b/c if I'm not married, I don't want to be bothered with any man about my kid.