Thursday, January 8, 2009

Keyshia, Keyshia, Keyshia....


*I don't keep up with celeb life regularly enough to blog about it, but....

Since I'm such a fan of Keyshia Cole's reality show, I have felt compelled to atleast say something about that thing she called a finale. And I also have to speak on this latest cd.

First, how do you have a season finale that you don't even appear on? Unless I missed another 30 minutes, I didn't see Keyshia one time on the finale. All I saw was Neffe, being her normal over-the-top dramatic self, getting engaged. Congratulations Neffe. Seriously. I wish you the best.*


Now Keyshia, about this cd,"A Different Me"? Yea Keyshia, that was different. Please keep in mind that you've been "mainstream" for rougly 3yrs. In your first 2 albums, I could tell that there were lots of pinned up emotions and relationship issues that you seemed to be really feeling. I enjoyed...both of those cds. Now this last one, I have yet to really listen to it. I bought it, so you got my dime, but I don't see it making any heavy rotation.

Keyshia, you've not made it to the point where you can make "happy" music and it be okay. Now everyone is calling you mini-MJB, and I can kind of see where that would come from, but Keyshia. Do you know how many hits Mary made before she started dropping the "happy" albums? You haven't made it there yet. I think Mary was in about 6 or 7 albums deep before she did a switcharoo. Now this is not to say that I don't want you to be happy in your life, but you have to think about your fans. Don't nobody want to hear that ish.........

Lol! Do you girl. Like I said, you got my dime.

Oh wait, one more thing, what's this talk about a movie? Based on what? Your life? Keyshia...please. While I don't doubt that you had a hard time, I don't know that it's movie worthy. I mean, looking at the woman that actually gave birth to you probably could warrant a film of its own, but you were adopted. Remember? I'm sure making it to where you are today has been quite a journey, but making a movie about it? That's going a little too far. Why don't you hold off a little while on the movie thing. Your time is coming sweetie, just be patient.

2 comments:

Jia said...

I don't like Keyshia's new album either. I just told my mother the same thing last week sometime.

See, I liked the first album. That album, I could feel. The 2nd album? Eh, it was okay but this one? It irks me...b/c it just sounds like she's missing something. I dunno, I prefer the older Keyshia...with the gap and stuff. That bonding glue has her thinking that she can just change shit up now.

D C Cain said...

I'm not feeling A Different Me either. It's like, I hear it, but then I don't. I'll start listening to a song and then I get distracted by anything because the CD is BOOOOOTY. LOL

You are right: It's NOT time for happiness yet Keyshia. And if you are going to be happy make something like "Just Fine" or "No More Drama". Not that lullaby music.

And don't let me start on dramatic Neffie. I didn't watch the finale because well crackheads not named Whitney just don't do it for me.