Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm A Dime

Or better. This is my opinion. I feel like I'm entitled to it.

In having a conversation with my husband the other day, I told him that I'm a "catch", in my opinion. I told him the things I felt I deserved. He chuckled a little and then told me he felt like he's a "catch" as well. Although I saw nothing humorous in what I said, I stood firm with my statement and left well enough alone.

Well, this morning (like 5 days later), he said to me, "You are a catch.", referring back to the statement I had made days ago. He listed the things that he thought were my attributes, then said he would be a "fool to let me go." Really? So it's that easy. You just get to let me go if you feel like it? Wow. I didn't know that's the way it works.

He's been reminiscing lately, talking about how we "used to be". Trying to figure out how to get that ol' thing back. I wish I had the answer. One thing I know for sure that's happened is the fact that I've grown up over the years. I don't know that he has. The "old" us was me being myself, and him being the person he thought I wanted him to be.

And maybe I did want to mold him into my perfect guy....didn't take much. The "real him" is standing up now though. Tall and proud. If we can't work it together, as individuals, what's the use? Yea, I don't see one either.

And I'm not trying to sound pessimistic....there just comes a time in every relationship where you have to be for real. Lying is not really my thing...especially when it comes to me.

3 comments:

Saved Girl said...

i can't decipher if you are keeping it real or if you are trying to ease your way out of your marriage. it does seem like he is trying honey, and you can't leave if you feel he is making a hard effort to reconcile. one thing that helped me and my estranged (it really did, lol) was to have date nights. when we went to counseling we were told the 9-5 of life can suck the joy right out of marriage. having a weekly date night will revamp you and your hubby's relationship, you both will get to know each other again...the fun stressless times, just enjoying each other's time without the daily stressors of life. movies, bowling, out to eat, hiking...anything.

Misunderstood said...

Girl...it's too much. This would be blog entry after blog entry....Lol.

Jia said...

I dunno that I would've taken what he said as an insult or him thinking he 'has it like that.' Maybe he was just agreeing?

LOL @ me just trying to save the lurvvve!