Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Usher Flop


Okay, I like Usher....kind of. I really liked him in the confessions bit. Out of curiousity, I searched record sales on his most recent album. According to the information I found, this cd hasn't even gone gold yet. How does one go from selling millions of albums, to not even selling half a million. Talk about a HUGE flop. How shameful is that. And no, I haven't purchased the album. For whatever reason, it hasn't been on my list of things to buy, as Beyonce's album hasn't made the list either.


But back to Usher...surely I'm not the only person thinking that his new "family man" image hasn't sat well with the public. The thing he had going with the confessions album is the fact that he and Chilli had just broken up. Not to mention the shit was just bangin. But why is it people aren't interested in the happy, family man he's become? Hell, I don't know. I should be asking myself that....

4 comments:

Jia said...

Girl 8701 and Confessions were bangers.

It's not even that people aren't buying his album b/c he's a family man. It's that becoming a family man has truly made him lose his Usher-esque swagger. And trust, a lot of it was there. The dude oozed talent and sex appeal when he did a music video. And now? Well...it just looks like he's standing there, going along with the track and hoping that it comes out golden.

In the Love in the Club video, his dancing was so lackluster that he might as well had put a cardboard stand in in his place. The Moving Mountains video was boring as hell. Absolutely positively NOTHING like anything Usher has done in the past. Then we have Trading Places...he redeemed himself SOMEWHAT after this, but that's only b/c Jonetta (his mother) came back in as his manager and 'fixed' the mess ups that he had from before.

Usher is very talented and I love him to bits. But the married life doesn't work for him b/c he allowed that life to take away from him actually being an entertainer. It's like, he got comfortable in thinking that he's "Usher," so he doesn't have to do shit but show up. NOT!

starr said...

Usher simply isn't putting effort into his music

you remind me of a girl..you don't have to call..let it burn..confessions...you got it bad, etc

ALL BANGERS!!

i listened to his recent album and all I can think of was ???..it was nothing compared to his other work...getting involved with Tameka has sure caused him to lose his swagg...and he's not gettin it back lol

Kingsmomma said...

He is guilty of having a big head. You know after Two blockbuster albums he thought he had it like that, that his fanbase would buy his album reagardless...

Anonymous said...

@starr: now that's what I'm talking 'bout. Yup, he lost something. To me, all of a sudden, it was as if he was trying to catch up to Tameka. Trying to look old. Trying to be hard, now that he is married., He started looking old, scruffy. And besides, it's kinda hard to wet your panties thinking about making love in the club to someone who has Tameka for a wife. He's got to reinvent himself to keep his fans interested. It's the Tameka-Kization of Ursher . . .

Put it this way, his marriage to Tameka has not helped his career the way his relationship (and it's demise) with Chili helped him with Confessions.

I am still amazed that he couldn't come to terms with someone who was closer to his age with one child,
yet he could make it with a woman who left her husband and 3 children, and who I just learned was a convicted felon . . . I mean, what was he thinking?