Friday, December 12, 2008

Married Folks

sometimes have the tendency to act like getting married solved all of their damn relationship woes. That's bullshit. I hate to hear married folks trying to encourage single folks to get married, as if that's the damn solution to it all. It's not. I am an advocate for marriage, but only when ppl feel like they are ready. Not because someone has turned 33 years old and they need to hurry up an marry somebody. Or because they want papers on somebody...

The thing about marriage is no one can tell you how it will be. Although couples may have similar issues at one point or another, ppl are still different. Yea, I heard ppl say "it's work". But the thing is, so many different issues will arise between wedding day and death do you part, that you can't possibly go over all of them.

Nothing is hard when things are going good. That's not just with marriage, but with any relationship. It becomes a challenge when your significant other is on your nerves like a damn itch in the crack of your ass that you can't get to because you're walking through the mall on a Saturday afternoon. You know, the time when you could take something and beat someone into having sense. Rest assured there will be days like that. Then there will be the good days.

I mean, who can actually fathom being with the same person day after day after damn day. Well, that's what you sign up for. And we know many ppl don't honor their "contracts" with one another. You seen the divorce rates lately? Back in the day, the women didn't believe in leaving their husbands. Ass whoopins, outside kids, out all night....sheeeiiitttt.....those women were down. Not today. Look at me crazy and I'm divorcing your ass. Not me for real, but.....

And I think it's even harder for those who are serious about honoring vows and actually being committed to them. I say that because it's easy to go find a lawyer and file for divorce. What's hard is staying married to a man that got another woman pregnant, or staying with someone that has a drinking problem.

And we don't know people like we think we do. I don't give a shit what anybody says. People change. And it's not always for the better. You have to be willing to be there. Change and all. That shit is deep. I've not been married as long as a lot of people, but I have made it farther than a lot of ppl I know. Doesn't mean anything. Some people just can't handle shit. And honestly, if shit were to become that much of a challenge, I may not be able to hang either. Who knows.

Just rambling here.......married people, stop trying to push your shit on other ppl. Let folks get married when they feel it's time for them to. And quit acting like your shit is free of funk. It's not cute. I have a great idea. Married or not. How about you just keep your relationship ups and downs to yourself. Because here's the thing. If you always talk about how good it is, people like me will say "Bitch, you know damn well you just caught that nigga cheating." and if you always talk about how bad it is, people like me will say "Why the hell you still with his trifling ass?". Lol. So either way, hush.

0 comments: