Friday, December 12, 2008

I Hate Love Songs

Not really, but because I've only had one heartbreak, I kinda do. Anytime I'm for real grooving, if it's some sappy heartbreak shit, my mind only takes me to one place. How the hell can I stop that from happening?

I fucking hate the fact that for a period in my life, which by the way, happens to have been an era of classics (i.e. Enter the Dru, Writings On the Wall, Songs in A Minor, and so many others), I was only with one person. This means that the majority of the time, when one of my old jams comes on, it always goes back to a fucking memory that I'd like to forget. What the hell?!? I don't want to remember that shit. That' s so messed up.

Do you know how many hits were out between the late 90s to early 2000s? Well, there were a ton. I don't want amnesia, but I do wish I had other memories. And it's messed up that so much of my time was centered around certain shit. I couldn't alter it if I wanted to. Well, while I'm at it, let me see if I can find a couple of my favorite songs from that time period. Fuck it.


1 comments:

Jia said...

For the longest, I couldn't listen to Amerie's "Touch" album. This came out in 2005 (I think...yea) and it reminded me of a that same guy that I mentioned in the blog below. I was riding to his house and at the time, I was living in Tucker GA and he was in Lithia Springs...so it was a nice lil drive...about 35-40 minutes. Anyway, I played that CD on the way over there to confront a 'situation' and I couldnt listen to that album for a LONG time! A VERY long time.