Monday, May 18, 2009

Sleepy Thoughts

I should be in bed right now, but I'm obviously not...for whatever reason. Probably because I'm determined to "workout" a little everyday and it just so happens the munchkin didn't fall asleep as early as she could have.

Anywhoo, I was speaking with a coworker this morning about men. In general. Actually, she told me about the hell her ex-husband had put her through prior to their divorce. I told her NOTHING about the semi-hell my soon to be ex has put me through. I didn't see it necessary.

I'm having a hard time understanding this whole "man" thing. And honestly, I can't say that it is my lifelong goal to figure it out. I'm sure I'd die trying. I'm not one to jump on the "all men are dogs" bandwagon, but many of the ones I know are. Doesn't mean anything though. Right? I don't know ALL men. I do know a good number though....

Although I can hesitantly admit that I do still have scar tissue from my previous long term relationship (before the marriage), I can also admit that I didn't enter any new relationship expecting the worse. Everyone gets a fair shot. Kinda like this class I took in college. "Everyone will start out with a 100% grade avg. in this class." That's what the professor said on day 1. I remember getting so excited when he said that. I don't know why, but it just sounded good. Then the professor went on to say that it was up to us to maintain our 100%. Made perfect sense to me....

Well, I always give anyone I'm dealing with 100% from the beginning. Regardless of what the odds are, I'm always hopeful. Well, so far, no good. No one has been able to maintain that "passing grade". Did I say I remained at 100%? Nah. Surely not. But you know how teachers always give you break downs of which tests weigh the most. I'm pretty sure I did good where it counted. Oh well.......maybe the next guy will prove my "not all guys are dogs" theory right. I'm still hopeful.......

5 comments:

Saved Girl said...

100% cosign on this post! I agree with everything you said in this post and I am still hopeful too...we shall see. the unknown of what the future holds is frustrating and exciting at the same time.

D C Cain said...

You poor baby... only a miracle will drop a good YOUNG man in your lap. And you know, God still does miracles.;-) But I'm sure you aren't even thinking about another relationship right now...

Leather_Face said...

Your wrong about some things. How old are you? The thing is, most of you females today just want to put the blame on guys. Yes, there are guys that cheat & creep. Yes, there are girls that cheat & creep. But what YA'LL don't do is take some the blame or even look at yourselves. Maybe it's you, ever thought about that. Like your teacher said, "It's up to you to maintain your grade," right? Maybe a man doesn't feel like your into him 'cause maybe you let yourself down, which can cause a grade point to descend also. Lacking efforts kill academics & lacking passion kills relationships. Take a look at your efforts. OH, & no disrespect.

Misunderstood said...

Yea Leather Face, actually, I've done quite a few self-evals. So while I understand what you're saying. It doesn't quite fit for me.

Misunderstood said...

Better yet Leather Face, read the last paragraph. I'm pretty sure I said it there......