Thursday, January 7, 2010

Meanwhile, Back in Babymamaville.......

I know I'm a little late with the "New Year" wishes and all, but hey, better late than never, right? I'm so behind on the blogs, I'll just have to do a quick update, then stay on top of it.

First things first, I'm free!!! Yep, I'm a free agent again. The divorce was final back in November. Close to one week after my last entry. I had no idea it would be that soon. I called the law office on a Monday to tell the lady they could proceed. She called me back that Friday to tell me it was done with. Imagine my surprise and excitement! I truly felt like a burden had been lifted. There has been nothing, as of yet, to make me regret that decision.

It's funny how you truly see people for what/who they are once you remove yourself from a situation. I had been with a "man", who for years, has sacrificed relationship after relationship, for his love of music. Wow. It's that serious. Well, for his sake, I hope he gets everything he needs from it.

On another note, let me just throw in the fact that before our divorce was final, he met another young lady. She happens to live out of town. Well, guess what news I received recently.....yep, he's contemplating moving out of town. Yep again. With his new boo. Now keep in mind, his reasoning is strictly for his music...because this city is up and coming in the music scene...yada, yada, yada.....basically, as far as I'm concerned, he's thinking about moving away for new pussy. And maybe something will happen with his music while he's there. At first I was pretty upset, mainly because I think that's the first step of abandonment (where the child is concerned), but it took me about 24 hours to get over it. At this point, I don't care what he does. He's not my problem and he doesn't have to be our child's problem either. I would like to hope that he realizes the strain that will put on his relationship with her, but I kinda don't think he does. And at this point, I doubt if he even cares. Of course he says he does, but that's what people are supposed to say. For me it's about his actions to back it up.....we'll see....

That's all for now. I'll return sooner than later!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back!!

Department of Delicioiusness said...

It's a sad thing when people are so worried about some "new new" that they can't see or don't care how it will affect their child.

But TRUST ME...I WISH I could get my ex to move to a new city. MOVE AND GET OUT THE WAY so that the real one for you can step up and take his proper place.

That's great! For you and lil mamma. You 2 will be better off for it!

Good Luck, and keep blogging!

Saved Girl said...

GWARL! I am so jealous that your divorce is final before mine, ugh. Waiting for my attorney to call me to sign the papers, but my idiot estranged is stalling. Don't ask me why is he stalling....he is living with his 'mistress' at his grandmother's house (yes, he loves to keep it classy...i mean trashy, smirk). Its like I want to call and scream, "Nigga, what's the hold up! Do I need to ask your mistress why you aren't signing the papers?" But then I thought this act could be his lame attempt to conjure up a response from me, but it ain't happening....I'm proud of my streak....going on over a year since I haven't spoken to him (popping my collar). Anywhoo....glad to hear all is well (as it can be in this situation). TTYSoon.

Anonymous said...

You seem to be handling things well. Don't worry your baby will be find whether your ex comesto his senses or not. Come back soon, I love ur blog.

Misunderstood said...

=) Thanks you guys!!!

@Saved Girl, he is living at this granny's place with a chick? WOW!! I guess him stalling on signing the papers is the only thing he has left that he feels like he can control....that's crazy!