Monday, August 10, 2009

My Flaws...

What flaws? I'm pretty sure I'm flawfree. Okay, not really, but going through this whole divorce process has forced me to look at the "man in the mirror" (R.I.P. MJ). LOL!! Seriously though, I have done a little bit of self reflecting and honestly, I'm drawing a blank. Besides the fact that I'm always right, potentially selfish, NOT domestic, stubborn, and just an outright asshole, I couldn't find anything wrong.

I had no idea this divorce would be so emotionally draining on me. And most of it comes from someone else's emotions. I remember feeling relieved once I had left the lawyer's office...now, not so much. "I'll do whatever I need to" is what I was told a few days ago. What exactly does that mean? As if he could possibly be someone other than who he is.....boy, if it were only that simple. I love the way he thinks everything is going to magically be better. Like now all of a sudden the things he was unhappy about won't matter anymore. Sure they won't. I bet they wouldn't matter for at least 4 or 5 months. Hell, maybe even like 8 months. Who knows? I don't. What I do know is the issues that we have had in the past won't just go away.

Some days my head hurts just from reading a text that he sends. And a whole live conversation? Man, talk about frustrating. I've always felt like I had communication skills....well, I'm still convinced that when I speak, some people hear Latin or maybe French. I mean, maybe I am actually saying something that I don't know I'm saying, but for some reason I doubt it. Ugh....I don't know. I'll just be glad when it's over.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure the communication thing has something to do with the fact that we're talking to MEN! When mine talks back to me I feel like I need to analyze our whole situation before I really know his angle and what he's trying to say. Oh yeah and they're absolutely famous for pretending a problem magically disappeared atleast until they need to leverage and bring it up again (6-8 mo's)!

Saved Girl said...

hey pumpkin! it will be over soon, kudos on you realizing that you guys are breaking up for a reason...things won't magically get better cuz you aren't happy with the current results (divorce). and big KUDOS on you communicating..I took the immature route...haven't communicated to him (other than the letter I sent to him in April) since Dec. 17th of last year.

Urban Homeschoolers Of Columbus said...

I just wanted to say I love your blog.

Misunderstood said...

@anonymous: Lol, I think you're right. They are men. What can I expect?
@SG: I wish I didn't have to communicate so much. There are only so many ways you can say the same thing....Ugh!
@Beautique: Thanks girlie!

Department of Delicioiusness said...

Co-Sign...I LOVE THIS BLOG!